Scholarship & Professional Development
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance - Member from 2011 to present
- Berei C., Pratt E., Parker M., Shephard K., Liang T., Nampai U., & Neamphoka G. (2015). Guideposts and Roadblocks to the Career-Long Scholarly Engagement of Physical Education Teacher Education Faculty. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 88(3).
- Shephard, K., Parker, M., van der Mars, H., & Ward, P. (2013). Strengthening Physical education Teacher Education Doctoral Programs: An Intellectual Commons and Forum for Faculty and Students. JOPERD, 84(1), 3-4.
- Berei, C., Parker, M., & Shephard, K. (2012). Experiences Teaching ELL Populations: Concerns, Challenges, and Preparation. Poster presentation at the PETE Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Himberg, C., Shephard, K., & Trout, J. (2012). Are Your Students Ready for Learning? JOPERD, 83(4), 9-12, 55.
- 2016 CAHPERD Conference: Inspire support with “No Excuses!” A Film About QPE
- 2016 CAHPERD Conference: Boogie Boost for Body and Brain
- 2015 SHAPE America Conference: Guideposts and Roadblocks to Career-Long Scholarly Engagement of PETE Faculty (oral research presentation)
- 2014 SHAPE America Conference: No Excuses! A film about quality physical education
- 2012 PETE Conference: Preparing PETE professors - The importance of sharing what we do
- 2012 COAHPERD Conference: Creating a class website - Easy and free
- 2011 CAHPERD Conference: Enhancing the classroom through web based applications
- 2010 NIRSA Region VI Conference: Chico State All Around Athlete Competition
- 2010 CAHPERD Conference: Using a DVD dance project to encourage bonding in PETE cohorts
- 2010 CAHPERD Conference: Poco Locos - Dancing like crazy!